As an AI language model, I cannot provide real-time information, so I cannot provide a list of educational documentaries released in 2023. However, I can give you a general idea about the types of documentaries that are popular in the educational genre. Here’s a list of popular and highly regarded educational documentaries from recent years:
1. “Blackfish” (2013) – A documentary about the treatment of orca whales in captivity.
2. “Citizenfour” (2014) – Focuses on the revelations of Edward Snowden regarding the National Security Agency’s surveillance activities.
3. “The Cove” (2009) – Explores the annual dolphin hunt that takes place in Taiji, Japan.
4. “Planet Earth II” (2016) – A visually stunning nature documentary series narrated by Sir David Attenborough.
5. “Food, Inc.” (2008) – Investigates the industrialization of the food industry and its impacts on health, agriculture, and the environment.
6. “Inside Job” (2010) – An examination of the causes and fallout of the 2008 global financial crisis.
7. “13th” (2016) – Explores racial disparities in the United States criminal justice system.
8. “An Inconvenient Truth” (2006) – Former Vice President Al Gore’s presentation on climate change and its consequences.
9. “Man on Wire” (2008) – Chronicles Philippe Petit’s high-wire walk between the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in 1974.
10. “The Act of Killing” (2012) – Follows individuals who participated in the Indonesian mass killings of 1965-1966 and reenact their actions.
Remember that the availability and popularity of documentaries may vary, so it’s always a good idea to check the latest releases and ratings from reputable sources when looking for educational documentaries.